Benefits of Massage
Experts estimate that upwards of ninety percent of disease is stress-related. And perhaps nothing ages us faster, internally and externally, than high stress.
Massage is an effective tool for managing this stress, which translates into:
- Decreased anxiety.
- Enhanced sleep quality.
- Greater energy.
- Improved concentration.
- Increased circulation.
- Reduced fatigue.
Massage can also help specifically address a number of health issues. Bodywork can:
- Alleviate low-back pain and improve range of motion.
- Assist with shorter, easier labor for expectant mothers and shorten maternity hospital stays.
- Ease medication dependence.
- Enhance immunity by stimulating lymph flow—the body's natural defense system.
- Exercise and stretch weak, tight, or atrophied muscles.
- Help athletes of any level prepare for, and recover from, strenuous workouts.
- Improve the condition of the body's largest organ—the skin.
- Increase joint flexibility.
- Lessen depression and anxiety.
- Promote tissue regeneration, reducing scar tissue and stretch marks.
- Pump oxygen and nutrients into tissues and vital organs, improving circulation.
- Reduce postsurgery adhesions and swelling.
- Reduce spasms and cramping.
- Relax and soften injured, tired, and overused muscles.
- Release endorphins—amino acids that work as the body's natural painkiller.
- Relieve migraine pain.
Benefits of Clearbrook Healing Center Massage
It is a well-known fact that massage can work wonders for relaxation and stress relief, but did you know that massage offered by a trained and licensed practitioner is a powerful health tool that can alleviate symptoms and promote healing for a variety of conditions? Lowering blood pressure, relieving, or entirely restoring mobility following physical injury and relief for many symptoms of stress related illnesses are only a few examples of what professional massage therapy can offer.
The Clearbrook Healing Center therapeutic approach is based on Eastern and Western massage techniques that incorporate both science and the healing arts as part of an alternative and integrative health treatment plan for the people of Denver.
Countless studies have revealed that massage is helpful for:
- Digestive disorders
- Stress related Insomnia
- Myofascial pain syndrome
- Soft tissue strains or injuries
- Sports injuries
- Joint pain
Massage Therapy as a Complement to Medical Treatment
From arthritis to asthma, the benefits of massage are far-reaching. Although not a replacement for conventional medical care, massage can provide relief for many specific conditions and ultimately promotes an overall sense of well-being which greatly accelerates healing from both physical and psychological ailments. Studies have shown the positive effects of massage as a complementary therapy. Patients report improved sleep, increased relaxation and relief from pain, fatigue and nausea when massage therapy was combined with conventional medical treatments.
Other benefits of massage therapy include:
- Boosting of the immune system
- Decreased blood pressure
- Improved circulation (faster healing from injuries and improved and healthier skin)
- Decrease in inflammation
- Significant relief for many pre-natal and post-natal physical discomforts and stress related issues
- Increased flexibility and mobility
Give yourself the gift of massage through structured and professional therapeutic touch that helps rejuvenate the body, relax the mind and allows any individual to achieve well-being.